It is now Week 2 of our photo processing One Four Challenge for December, hosted by Robyn Gosby at Captivate Me. I am continuing my manipulation of the graceful White Tern at Elizabeth Reef. I am excited with this week’s interpretation and I hope you like it.
Like me, everyone on the Challenge is pushing the boundaries and taking their editing in interesting directions. To see all participants’ entries, click on December Week 2.
Processing Week 2: Watercolour
One of the stunning aspects of reaching the Elizabeth Reef is seeing the wonderful graduations of colours in the water, from deep ultramarine to aqua, with some pink and purple corals shining through the crystal clear water. So I was keen to have these hues reflected by applying a watercolour treatment to the image.
Here is the image:
My approach for this process:
- Cropped image used as a base in week 1 and emailed from my laptop to my iphone!
- Put through watercolour effects with the Sketch Guru app;
- Tweaked the settings, eg paint brush size, saturation, contrast, shadows & highlights and hue;
- Emailed the reworked image to my laptop to do further processing with Photoshop Elements 9;
- Applied the Texturise Filter/Burlap, set at 51% scale, 2 out 50 relief, and with light from the left.
Let me know what you think of this interpretation.
Weeks 1 and 2 progression
Here is the progression to date:
To see the entire One Four Challenge collection, click here.